What is the proper attire?
We recommend business attire or dressy casual wear. A collared shirt and dress pants are appropriate for men and business wear or formal casual attire will be most comfortable for women. While a jacket and tie are not necessary, many of our male guests do wear suits. T-shirts, shorts and casual sandals are not recommended. Hats are not permitted in the dining room.
Is your building accessible?
Our ﬁrst ﬂoor entry; dining rooms, bar, and porch are accessible, and we have a ground floor, gender-neutral accessible restroom. Due to the historic nature of our building, the majority of our dining rooms are on the second ﬂoor, so when making your reservation please mention if you require ﬁrst ﬂoor dining.
Where should I park?
There is a private parking lot located to the right of The Fig Tree Restaurant. Additional parking can be found on Louise Avenue.
What credit cards are accepted at The Fig Tree Restaurant?
We accept all major credit cards, including American Express and Discover.
Are reservations required?
Reservations are highly recommended. Outdoor dining is only available over the phone, and outdoor times will not appear on OpenTable.
Do you accommodate large groups and private events?
Yes, we can accommodate groups of between 10 – 38 guests in any of our dining rooms or on our porch (following guidelines set by the CDC under Phase 2.) Please call 704-332-3322 or email email@example.com for additional details.
Do you sell gift cards? How can I purchase one?
We have gift cards available in any amount. You may purchase one over the phone by calling 704-332-3322, in person at the restaurant any day from 2:00 pm – close, or through our website. All gift cards not picked up in person will be sent through the U.S. Mail. We recommend allowing one full week for the gift cards to arrive. We do not currently offer electronic gift cards.
How can I find out about events happening at The Fig Tree Restaurant?
What are The Fig Tree Restaurant’s holiday hours?
We are closed annually in observance of the following holidays:
- New Years Day
- Super Bowl Sunday
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
On all other dates we hold regular dinner hours.
What procedures are you following since re-opening during COVID-19?
We are following all guidelines set by the CDC as well as any current orders set by Governor Cooper’s office, and all of our staff have taken the training available at CountOnMeNC.org. As required, we are:
- Arranging tables and seating to achieve at least 6-foot separation
between parties for indoor and outdoor dining.
- Permitting no more than 50% of maximum occupancy as stated in fire capacity, and post the reduced “Emergency Maximum Capacity”. At The Fig Tree Restaurant, we reach maximum capacity at 36 guests indoors.
- Performing ongoing and routine environmental cleaning and disinfection of high-touch areas with an EPA approved disinfectant.
- Promote frequent use of hand washing and hand sanitizer for wait/food service staff upon reporting to work and frequently throughout shift.
- Conducting daily symptom screening (use this standard interview questionnaire) (English/Spanish) of employees at entrance with immediately sending symptomatic workers home to isolate.
In addition, we are:
- Asking that all guests wear masks upon entering the building, and while standing or walking through common areas. You do not need to wear your mask while seated at your table.
- Providing hand sanitizer at the entrance, and throughout the restaurant for guests and staff.
- Advising all waitstaff to stay 6 feet away from customers and each other, to the extent possible.
- Requiring all staff to wear cloth face coverings
- Having the restaurant sanitized regularly with an FDA-approved dry fog.
Do you have outdoor seating?
Our outdoor tables are available for reservations over the phone, and will not show up as options on OpenTable. We have a Covered Porch, and also a Lower Covered Patio. Our Covered Porch has newly-installed infrared heaters in the ceiling, and offers weather curtains which can be lowered for extreme wind and rain. Our Lower Covered Patio features a newly-built awning, along with umbrellas, and freestanding propane heaters. We also offer fleece lap blankets for extra comfort. Plans for infrared heaters to be installed on the Lower Patio are in the works – stay tuned!
Do you offer carryout?
Our full dinner menu is available for take-out. You may call us at 704-332-3322 during regular business hours, for pickup in 20-30 minutes. You may come inside to pay and pick up if you like, or we are happy to take payment over the phone and bring the food to your car curbside. In addition, our entire wine list is available for retail sale.
How do I order a Mixed Wine Pack?
We are offering a mixed case of wine, with a different theme each month. We order a limited supply at the beginning of the month, and re-order as needed throughout the month. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Pre-Order, and include your phone number so that we may call you for payment and pickup instructions. We may also have packs in-house for you to pick up with your dining reservation, depending on availability. We are also happy to put together a customized pack for you on request.